“I want to write a novel, but I just don’t have the time.”
That’s what I hear from people after they find out I wrote my first novel.
Novels don’t just happen. They take a lot of persistence and super hard work:
- Waking up early to write before work.
- Saying no to hanging with friends.
- Cancelling weekend plans.
- Pulling your hair out over plot points.
- Contemplating life for three hours in the shower.
- Crying (lots and lots of crying).
But I know that every time I spend even just 1 hour writing, I’m doing what 100 others aren’t. And that’s putting me ahead of the game, little by little.
If you’re thinking of writing a novel, I encourage you to sit down, open a word document, and just start typing 🙂